Group says voters kept ignorant about treaty
The People Before Profit Alliance has launched its campaign calling on people to vote No in the upcoming referendum.
The group says it will be distributing thousands of leaflets and canvassing doors in 15 constituencies as part of its campaign.
The alliance describes itself as a group that wants to reverse policies that place wealth creation for the few over the welfare of communities.
It is opposing the Lisbon Treaty on three main grounds.
It says the treaty will lead to a further militarisation of the EU and obliges member states to make their facilities available for EU military activity.
It claims Lisbon reduces the areas where governments can veto policy proposals.
And the alliance also claims that the treaty makes privatisation of public services, including health and education systems, easier.
The group claims voters are not being given the facts and says voters should not be bullied into voting yes.
(Taken from: http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0514/eulisbon.html)
No comments yet.
- Anti-Lisbon groups plan to protest during Sarkozy’s visit
- Victory for No Campaign in Lisbon Treaty
- Use Your Vote today- Vote NO to Lisbon
- Trade unionists say No vote could bring better deal for workers
- Yes side “brow beating” the public into voting for the treaty
- Latest Poll shows establishment parties out of touch with people’s views on Lisbon- People Before Profit Alliance
- Treaty ‘will speed up’ health privatisation
- Debate on Lisbon Treaty- Rathmines Tonight
- People Before Profit Alliance on Q&A again
- Richard Boyd Barrett- Speaking in Wexford on Lisbon Treaty
- No to Lisbon www.sayno.ie Press Conference