Women Say NO to the Lisbon Treaty
The Lisbon Treaty would accelerate the privatisation of health and social services, making access to these more difficult for women and children, a press conference heard.
The treaty would lead to a Europe that sees women as economic producers first and foremost, said Ailbhe Smith, academic and member of the People Before Profit organisation.
One of 10 women who spoke at a press conference of women against the treaty, she said the “much vaunted” Charter of Fundamental Rights failed to give new protections to women “and nowhere is the key issue of childcare addressed”.
Watch RTE NEWS REPORT here, press conference at end of report on Lisbon Treaty.
- Anti-Lisbon groups plan to protest during Sarkozy’s visit
- Victory for No Campaign in Lisbon Treaty
- Use Your Vote today- Vote NO to Lisbon
- Trade unionists say No vote could bring better deal for workers
- Yes side “brow beating” the public into voting for the treaty
- Latest Poll shows establishment parties out of touch with people’s views on Lisbon- People Before Profit Alliance
- Treaty ‘will speed up’ health privatisation
- Debate on Lisbon Treaty- Rathmines Tonight
- People Before Profit Alliance on Q&A again
- Richard Boyd Barrett- Speaking in Wexford on Lisbon Treaty
- No to Lisbon www.sayno.ie Press Conference